Get professional and reliable plumbing services throughout McLean County, Bloomington-Normal, and the surrounding areas. We strive to leave your house cleaner than we found it, and we guarantee your satisfaction. Find out why we’re the area’s only 5-star rated residential plumber.
Head over to our service areas to find out if we’re in your neighborhood.
Why Invest in a Whole Home Water Filtration System?
A water filtration system installation is a significant investment, but it can pay off. Here are just some of the benefits of a whole house water filtration system:
- Cleaner water
- Better tasting water
- Reduced risk of illness
- Softer skin and hair
- Comfier clothing
- Increased lifespan of plumbing appliances
As a leading water treatment company, we offer a variety of filtration systems to meet your needs. Many prefer a reverse osmosis filter installation because it removes up to 99% of contaminants from your water.
You can also count on us to maintain and repair your unit. Whether it needs a reverse osmosis filter replacement or general tune-up, our team is here to help.
How to Care for Your Hot Water Heater
The typical water heater works hard to provide you and your family with hot water day and night; however, all of that hard work takes a toll on the system, which can cause it to fail prematurely. Here are some tips to keep your water heater in tip-top shape and extend its lifespan as long as possible.
One of the easiest ways to keep your water heater in the best shape is to adjust the thermostat to 120 degrees or lower. It’s estimated that you can save 5% in energy costs for every 10 degrees you lower the temperature, and you reduce the risk of scalding hot water.
Another way to protect your water heater, especially if you have an older model, is to insulate it with a fiberglass jacket to improve efficiency.
Lastly, flush the tank once a year to clear out sediment and prevent it from building up. Sediment buildup over time decreases your water heater’s efficiency and reduces its lifespan.
Contact Platinum Plumbing today to schedule water heater maintenance and ensure your system always provides you with the best, most efficient service.
Benefits of a Point of Use Water Heater
Maybe you’ve never considered a tankless water heater, or you’ve heard about them but are still skeptical about their abilities. If you’re in the market for a new water heater, here are a few reasons to consider upgrading to a tankless design.
- Tankless water heaters save money on your energy bill by using 30 to 50% less energy than traditional water heaters, which means the average family can save hundreds of dollars every year.
- Tankless water heaters also save on water by heating water on an as-needed basis rather than filling a large tank and keeping it hot and ready for use. On-demand hot water is much more energy-efficient than tank-style water heaters.
- Perhaps the biggest advantage of on-demand water heaters is that you get instant, unlimited hot water, so you don’t have to worry about running out during your morning shower.
- Lastly, tankless water heaters take up much less space in your house than traditional water heaters, making them ideal for smaller homes, apartments, or places where you want to maximize your space.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription